[ECOS] Trace32 running eCos

Hi!

I'm trying to make eCos run in the demo version of the Trace32 debugger,
as found on Lauterbach's home page
(http://www.lauterbach.de/simarm.exe)...
When I load a generated ELF it says:
  WARNING: possible compiler bug near offset 76255. in file
C:\eCosTools\MyTest\hello.elf (use DUMP)
  WARNING: possible compiler bug near offset 77253. in file
C:\eCosTools\MyTest\hello.elf (use DUMP)
  error: entry near offset 77392. in file C:\eCosTools\MyTest\hello.elf
(use DUMP)

The actual code seems to be loaded OK, but there are no symbols at all.
The mentioned offsets in the file are somewhere in the middle of the
DWARF2 segment.
After contact with Lauterbach, they claim that GCC generates broken
debug information, and this whas not the first time they've seen this. A
direct quote from the response is
"The file "hello" has a wrong abbreviation table (wrong DWARF2 debug
info)."

Now, how do I fix this? Is it perhaps already fixed by someone, or is it
beeing fixed? If not, where can I find enough information on DWARF2 so
that I can spot the errors? Also, what files in GCC contains potential
causes of the error (some are quite obvious, as their names contains
"dwarf", but any others)?

--
  Lars Malmborg
  Software Design

    Precise Biometrics AB         Phone: +46-46-286 57 61
    Scheelevägen 15               Fax: +46-46-286 57 62
    SE-223 70 Lund
    Sweden