Re: [ECOS] Problems with ecosSWtools and thumb-elf

jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk (Jonathan Larmour) writes:
> I believe binutils-2.9.1 should be adequate though.

No, it wasn't. The 2.9.1 bfd does not know the arm-unknown-elf target.
*Sigh*

Anyway, trying "make MAKE='make -j 2'" fucked up the compilation. Not
recommended. A "make clean; make" seemed to straighten things out.

> If you download newlib from ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/newlib/, and put
> symlinks in your egcs tree to the "newlib" and "libgloss" directories
> in that distribution, that should work around some of the problems
> you had further down. You also won't need to define inhibit_libc I
> believe.

Something like

ln -s ../newlib.../newlib newlib
ln -s ../newlib.../libgloss libgloss

?

The egcs configure script say:

geirhh 100 %: ../egcs-19990714/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/local/hacks/arm
Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.6 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libgloss
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

And this probably makes the whole thing barf when I come to the
fixincludes stage.

It does not seem like egcs supports the thumb-elf target at all.

Geir