Re: [ECOS] ECOS: compiler builds.

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> In article <37B9FAFC.2AE6765@dgs.monash.edu.au> you write:
> >
> >I was reading the document and it says to download the ecos software
> >tools and to compile them.  I already have built an egcs-1.1.2
> >cross-compiler that targets powerpc-eabi.  Can I use this.  I don't
> > see any reasons why not.
>
> I'm 99% certain egcs-1.1.2 does not support constructor priority
> ordering for powerpc-eabi. But you should be able to use either
> gcc-2.95 or the eCos software tools we provide.

You could also modify the startupcode to call the contructors in
the right order. Check the cyg_hal_invoke_constructors function in
hal/mips/arch/v1_1/src/hal_misc.c in eCos 1.1. I did like that to
make eCos 1.1 compile with some old gcc-arm-coff targeting StrongARM.
However, IMO, that was is not a very neat solution.

--
Dan Hovang (dh@ctech.ideon.se)
CTechnologies, Ideon Research Park