Redhat 6.0 patch problems

Hi,

I downloaded ecosSWtools-arm-990321-src.tar.gz from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/install-linux.html and have been following
all the instructions for installing the toolchain on my Red Hat Linux 6.0.
I have been having problems applying the Redhat 6.0 patch though.  I keep
getting the following message:
patching file './tcl/generic/tclPosixStr.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 336.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 783.
2 of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to ./tcl/generic/tclPosixSTR.C.rej
patching file './expect/exp_strf.c'

I have re-installed Linux many times and have gone through this process over
and over again with no luck.  Actually, earlier I was getting a different
message.  It kept on telling my that the patch suddenly ended in the middle
of a command or something like that.  Regardless, I still was not able to
build the tools.  For some reason the directories (or tools) were not being
built under /usr/cygnus/ecosSWtools-arm-990321.

I am relative new to Linux/Unix but I checked all .bash_profile's and found
no . in the path.  I am also quite sure that there are no Windows CRLF line
endings in the patch.  As I said, I have followed the instructions on the
Web site many times.  One possible factor, (although I doubt it) is that
there is relatively little space on my Hard drive, a little over 350M after
ecosSWtools-arm-990321-src.tar.gz is unzipped.  That should be enough
shouldn't it?

Anyway, I'm probably doing a few things wrong and will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Trevor