Re: Evaluation boards

    Michael> does anybody know how and for which price i can get the
    Michael> Cogent CMA287 (PowerPC 823 or 850) evaluation boards here
    Michael> in Germany?

I am not aware of any European distributors for Cogent, and did not
see any on their web site. Your best bet would be to contact Cogent
directly, cogent@cogcomp.com

    Michael> I have been on the Cogent Computer Systems Web Site and
    Michael> saw a price of $1195 plus $200 plus shipping and tax, but
    Michael> i think these were not for the evaluation boards.

The Cogent boards are a modular architecture, see
http://www.cogcomp.com/overview.htm for details. For a working system
you will need a motherboard, one of the CPU modules, and optionally
some additional I/O modules depending on your requirements.

The $1195 figure is for just a PowerPC CMA287 cpu module. You will
also need one of the motherboards, we have used a CMA102.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer