Re: probably a FAQ, but: how many x86 ports are in motionout there?

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Roland Schwarz wrote:

> >    John> whats the status on x86? x86/pc103/4? amd-sc400?
> >
> >Currently there is no port of eCos to embedded x86 platforms, but such
> >a port by Cygnus is now under consideration. This would target
> >processors from the 386 upwards - support for earlier processors would
> >be difficult because of compiler issues.

Hi, all--

I've been working on this port over the past couple of weeks...  I've
added a 'pc' platform, which supports 'floppy' and 'ram' startups.  Here's
a quick status report:

- I have a prototype 'floppy' startup which allows an application to be
written on a 3.5" diskette.  This is how I've been running the GDB stub.

- The GDB stub is about 75% in place.  It doesn't know anything about
threads yet, and some of the exceptions aren't supported properly.
However, the breakpoint exception, is working great.

- I've just yesterday been able to get the clock ISR to work, so the
threading support is next on the list.

- 'make tests' works fine, but only the hal tests (intr, context,
and cache) have been ran.  I'm sure that context still needs some work.

I'm hoping to have the threading stuff figured out by the end of next
week--I'll post it as soon as I feel like it's usable!  Stay tuned...

-patrick