Re: FADS823

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Mika Lepistö wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to get eCos running in MPC8xxFADS evaluation board with
> MPC823? In supported targets webpage there is MPC8xxFADS with MPC860,
> but not with MPC823.
> Mika

I worked with the fads for a while.  I recommend using the
ADI card if at all possible.  I had no end of trouble with
"BDM" debuggers and the FADS.

If you want to ROM your application, you'll have to make up some
startup code and insert it in hal_hardware_init in the file,

  packages/hal/powerpc/fads/v1_2_x/src/fads.S

You might find the MBX 821 code a good reference,
  packages/hal/powerpc/mbx/v1_2_x/src/mbx.S

But note that the cache size is different on the 823.

-Jamie

Jamie Guinan                         Blue Button Solutions, Inc.
guinan@bluebutton.com                  http://www.bluebutton.com