Re: failure of "make tests" for Linux synthetic target

Grant Edwards wrote:

> The build of the linux synthetic target for eCOS seemed to go OK, but
> when I did a "make tests" it failed because of what appears to be a
> linker configuration problem.  I could add bss4 and bss5 sections to
> target.ld by hand, but that doesn't sound too kosher.
>
> Anybody have any clues?
[snip]

It's certainly unclear where they're from. There's some code in the latest
gcc in cvs that produces these sections, but I thought it only did it for
arm-elf.

Try 'objdump --section-headers install/lib/libtarget.a | grep -10 bss4' to
find out what objects are giving these sections. If that doesn't find
anything, do the same for install/lib/extras.o and install/lib/vectors.o. If
that also doesn't find anything, tell me as it's probably the libgcc.a and
I'd want to know why.

What versions of the tools are you using? i.e. ' i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -v'.

Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...
 my brains kept falling out."    || http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/  These opinions are all my own fault