how many eCOS users?

I'm trying to generate enough of a warm fuzzy feeling about eCOS in
upper management to get them to go along with my recommendation to use
it in a new product line.

So far, the big advantage of eCOS is that we can give customers a
pre-configured eCOS setup (including device drivers for our proprietary
hardware) and a complete set of development tools if they want to
develop their own applications.  The Linux synthetic target is also a
plus, though other vendors have similar things for their products that
run under MS-Windows.

The big disadvantage of eCOS is it's age -- or lack thereof to be
precise.  Management has heard of VRTX and Nucleus: those products
have been around for 10-15 years (in various incarnations with various
vendors).

One of the questions I know they're going to ask is how many people
are using eCOS in products?

Is there any estimate of how many real projects are using eCOS?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com