Re: Auto initialisation of packages

On 28-Oct-99 Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Nope. That's not quite right. Said static object would not be included
> unless it is directly referenced from an object that the user in turn
> references from somewhere else in their program.

Which is why device drivers work the way they do today :-)

The idea about having the configuration management handle this is a better
approach.  How would you deal with device drivers then?  The problem I see
is that the overall package needs to be initialized, but also individual
drivers need somehow to get anchored into the image and initialized as well
(currently in no specific order, but even that could/should change).