Licensing terms

I just got off the phone with somebody from Express Logic (the vendor
of ThreadX), and he claimed that if you want to ship product with eCOS
you have to pay money to Cygnus.  I've read the eCOS license and it
sure doesn't look like that's the case to me (standard I Am Not a
Lawyer Disclaimer applies).

He also told me that eCOS is a revised version of another, older OS
called Helos (or something like that).

I've never heard either of these claims before.

The claim about being "free for development but you have to pay when
you ship product" sounds like the VRTXoc license from Mentor.  I asked
him if that was what he was talking about, and he hadn't heard of that
devlopment.

I don't know where the "Helos" business came from.  Anybody else
here anything like that.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com