Re: building gcc-2.95.1 for eCos 1.2.1

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 04:02:07AM -0800, Atsumi Hirose wrote:

> For starters let me say that I cannot even get the gcc-2.95.1
> arm-linux cross compiler that I built to run on my ARM board with
> eCos (C or C++).  Of course the arm-linux cross compiler that comes
> with eCos works just fine.  I can compile a file with my new 2.95.1
> toolchain.  It just won't run on the board.  I can give a bunch of
> details on some "errors" that I get but that might not even be
> relavant.

I'm using gcc-2.95.1 as an arm-elf cross compiler on a Linux host.
I have only run small bits of code to initialize the hardware, but it
seems to be working so far -- I haven't tried to run the eCOS kernel
yet.

What exactly are your errors?

> I have tried many different methods (ie swithing eCos's and
> gcc-2.95.1's header files etc.) but nothing works.

Most of the code I've run so far is assembly language, so I can't
verify that there's nothing wrong with 2.95.1...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com