Re: Problems with the PowerPC simulator

>>>>> "Bernd" == Bernd Sprenger <sprenger@Robotics.Stanford.EDU> writes:

Bernd> Using this definition I was able to run the test program via
Bernd> the following command line:

>> powerpc-eabi-run -o '/#address-cells 1' \
Bernd>                     -o '/openprom/init/register/pc 0x100' \ -o
Bernd> '/iobus@0xf0000000/reg 0xf0000000 0x01000000' \ -o
Bernd> '/iobus/pal@0xf0001000/reg 0xf0001000 32' \
Bernd> install/tests/kernel/bin_sem0

This can be reduced to:

 -o '/iobus/pal@0xf0001000/reg 0xf0001000 32'

Bernd> The same is true for the gdb using these paramaters when
Bernd> selecting the target.

Bernd> Now my question:

Bernd> Is there a possibility to configure psim that it uses this
Bernd> device-tree by default?

I don't know, but it shouldn't really matter. In GDB you can make a
macro instead of typing in the runes by hand (as suggested in the
Getting Started Guide). For the stand-alone simulator you can create a
shell alias or a shell script with the necessary runes.

Bernd> Is there a better documentation of psim available than the
Bernd> files its source directory (Bugs, Install, Readme, Run and
Bernd> Psim.texinfo)?

There's sourceware.cygnus.com/psim, but I suspect it's the same
documentation as distributed with the sources.

Jesper