Re: sprintf test failure?

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 02:22:56PM -0600, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
> > I don't think I'm going to actually be using sprintf with floating
> > point numbers. All of the other libc tests seem to pass.  Should I
> > be concerned about the failures?
>
> I've also got some failures in libm (all of the failures were due to
> results out of tolerance).  In my initial application, I doubt that I
> will need any of the functions that failed, but if these failures are
> due to something I did in my porting efforts, I'd like to get it
> fixed.
>
> PASS:<acos() is stable>
> PASS:<asin() is stable>
> FAIL:<atan() failed tests> Line: 82, File: [...]../language/c/libm/current/tests/vectors/atan.c

The fact that some of them pass but not all of them makes me think a
compiler bug (or more specifically, a miscompilation of libgcc, since that's
where the soft float code lives).

FWIW, I've compiled eCos with gcc 2.95.2 with a binutils snapshot of about
two weeks ago. I built for ARM PID (arm7tdmi specifically), but
little-endian. It works fine. I just went back and verified, and both
sprintf1 and atan tests work.

It could be a code generation issue with 2.95.1 or older binutils (less
likely) - I don't know. Or it could be something to do with the
big-endianness.

Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...
 my brains kept falling out."    || http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/  These opinions are all my own fault