Re: sprintf test failure?

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:01:53PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
> > Or it could be something to do with the big-endianness.
>
> That's where I'd put my money if I were a betting man.
>
> Any suggestions on tracking down the source of the problem, should I
> choose to bet a few hours on that horse?

It's a bit of a toughie because all the libm failures are in relatively
complex functions. One of the failures was with sprintf(x, "hello%fworld",
2.3456786); which is probably as simple as you're going to get.

Make a new file with just this in, and something that prints out the result,
so you can see what is actually happening. Then fire up GDB, set a
breakpoint on `cvt' and have a look :-/.

NB Have you tried compiling with optimization to see if that fixes the
problem? If so, it could be an optimization bug. If not, you should probably
still try to debug this with optimization turned off as it can make
debugging that bit more difficult.

Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...
 my brains kept falling out."    || http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/  These opinions are all my own fault