Re: sprintf test failure?

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 08:45:52PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> NB Have you tried compiling with optimization to see if that fixes the
> problem? If so, it could be an optimization bug. If not, you should probably
> still try to debug this with optimization turned off as it can make
> debugging that bit more difficult.

Here's what I think I did: Changed to -O0 and recompiled everything
under language/c -- everything quit working.  Changed back to -O2
recompiled everything under language/c, and still everything was
broken.  Started over with a clean configuration and got it working
again (with the default optimization of -O2).

Before I try shutting off optimization again (not sure what went wrong
last time) is there stuff that I should _not_ compile with -O0?  IIRC
that shuts of __inline__ functions, and that breaks some stuff when
compiling certain Linux apps (e.g. port I/O breaks).  I really don't
think that it was the -O0 that broke my configuration before, but I
thought I'd ask before repeating the experiment.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com