Re: sprintf test failure?

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 11:46:07PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > The problem was that the macro CYG_BYTEORDER in the file
> > ecos-snds/install/include/cyg/hal/basetype.h was defined as
> > CYG_LSBFIRST and it should be CYG_MSBFIRST.
>
> Wow. It's a wonder it wasn't found for so long.

Were I an author of eCos, I would regard it as a testament to my
ability to write portable code that doesn't make assumptions about
byte-ordering.  ;)

You don't want to hear about how long it once took me and another guy
to get a CRC routine coded so that it worked right regardless of the
CPU type...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com