RE: Power PC Application

Well I have figured the problem I was having out for myself - eventually,
and it's an
interesting trap for young players.

The four byte values that I and gdb itself were attempting to write to
the SYPCR register must be being written to the register byte by byte
instead of one 32 bit write. So after the first byte is redundantly written
(power up value and what I was trying to write were the same), the processor
was refusing to accept any further writes, SYPCR being a write once between
resets register.

It would appear that either the wiggler lacks a mechanism for forcing a 32
bit write or gdb is not using it,
however since I only need to write one byte that's precisely what I'll do.

John Fisher
Transmission Systems Division
NEC Australia Pty Ltd
649 Springvale Road