Re: Questions on creating a makefile

> Tim Michals wrote:
>
> I'm confused on how create a new application. I created a application
> directory and downloaded several of the test applications to test the
> board and OS. Now I would like to create my own rom application. I having
> some confusion on how to use the existing makefiles to create my new
> application.  Can anyone provided a sample makefile?

First, to build a ROM image, you need to change the startup type of eCos.
You can do this in the graphical Configuration tool by changing the Startup
type listed under the HAL in question. Or if you are using pkgconf.tcl,
simply reinvoke it in the same build tree with "--startup rom".

As for the sample makefile, you can start with the one in the examples/
directory of the eCos installation, although it isn't perfect by any stretch
of the imagination.

Is that the type of answer you are looking for?

Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS   Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...
 my brains kept falling out."    || http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/  These opinions are all my own fault