Re: [Fwd: question about tools]

>Hi,
>i want to build a eCos System for my SA 1100 based ARM Board, with
>RedHat Host PC. (And later for my SH1 and SH2 boards also). But at the
>moment i have a lot of trouble by building. My Questions are:
>1. Can i use the egcs 1.1.2 compiler (arm-linux-gcc with elf output),
>which i used to generate a runninng linux kernel for the brutus board?
>Before i can do this,  i have to change the file "pack....mak". But this
>not all. Some compiler and linker directives i have to change also. It
>is possible to build my own toolchain with the normal compiler and
>linker sources? Which is the target name for 'configure'? If i use
>arm-elf, i get 'arm-linux' (which can also produce elf output format).

configure --target=arm-elf

If that doesn't work the compiler probably doesn't have the necessary
support. I think the FAQ lists the minimum required compiler version -
I don't remember it off-hand.

>2. My linker don't know the option 'KEEP' within the linker script?

Then you need a newer version of the linker as well.

>3. Is there any eCos for Hitachi SH1 or SH2 available, and how can i
>generate the toolchain?

No. There's only support for SH3 at the moment.  SH2 should be
possible to add support for, but SH1 will be a problem since there's
no g++ support for it (and as far as I know, no planned support for it
- which is a shame since I'd like to see eCos run on my brother's
LEGO MindStorm :)

Also, the SH3 support is only available in the early access program.

Jesper