gcc/gdb for mpc860

I realize this is not the proper group for this question but I have had no
luck with the people in the gnu.gcc.help newsgroup, and everyone here seems
more knowledgable anyway.  I'm trying to port gcc and gdb (along with
binutils and newlib) to target the MPC860 on a PLX Board.  The board should
not matter (should it??), I beleive that it is solely processor dependant.
My host is Redhat Linux 6.0 with the gcc compiler.  SO, has anyone
successfully built a cross-compiler under linux that targets the mpc860.  I
am trying to port eCos to this board, but without a compiler, it's VERY
difficult  :-)

Thanks,
Michael Crowe
Software Engineer