Re: on ARM: Using the FIQ vector

On 28-Jan-00 Dan Hovang wrote:
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Firstly, I'd suggest that you keep up with eCos development by using
>> CVS. Recent changes to the eCos source base are available via CVS,
>> on a [more or less] weekly basis.  The code base you're using is
>> extremely old.
>
> I'm using the 1.2.1 (latest?) release sourcecode. I thought the cvs
> code was purely development code, thus unstable and untested.

Not at all.  We have our own development tree for that :-)

The anonymous CVS tree which is available from our sourceware site is
a weekly snapshot from the development tree.  While the snapshot is
mostly automated, there is some care taken to make sure that what goes
there is fairly sane.  We do continuous quality checking of the eCos
source base, mostly based on what will end up in the external CVS tree.
You can feel fairly good about updating from CVS on a regular basis
if you want to keep up to date.