Re: File System?

>    is there a file system available for eCos?

The OSKit (http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/) would probably be a
good place from which to grab a filesys.  Since the main point of the
OSKit is to produce components that are easily usable in *other*
operating systems, it should be relatively easy to get one of its many
file systems to work with eCos.  You'd have to write the glue code to
map the normalized OSKit execution environment to the eCos one; there
are examples and lots of docs, and we'd help out if needed.

File systems in the OSKit's current bag of components include all the
Linux-supported filesystems (ext2, msdos, vfat, and iso9660 have been
tested), the standard BSD "ffs" filesystem, and a simple memory
filesys.  Since the OSKit wraps essentially unchanged code from the
original OS's (except for the memory fs), its file systems are more
reliable and speedy than if we'd been foolish enough to reimplement
them.

Jay Lepreau
Flux Research Group
Dept of Computer Science