Re: Which libgcc?

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I guess my question really amounts to what to put in the -L flag. I
> need to tell ld where to look for libgcc.a, and I don't know if I
> specify a directory higher up the tree or the specific subdirectory for
> the architecture I'm building to.

You shouldn't need to. It should be in default link path already, and
target.ld contains the directive "GROUP(libtarget.a libgcc.a)" which means
you don't need to specify -ltarget -lgcc on the link line either.

> Will do. I'll also try the gnu.gcc.help newsgroup. I'm kinda unsure
> where the best place to ask about cross-compilers is, whether there's
> more knowledge here on the eCos list or over on the gcc list, as I
> expect the gcc list would deal more with native compilers on Unix
> systems.

Many people who deal with cross-compilers (myself included) read the gcc
list, so don't worry on that front. There's also
crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com. Go to http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ for
info on how to subscribe.