Re: Problem debugging ecos-App uisng GDB on ARM7 PID

Dipanjan> Hi I have another problem. I am trying to debug a
Dipanjan> ecos-application using GDB on ARM7 PID borad(the host is
Dipanjan> i586-cygwin)

Dipanjan> After loading the binary if i type 'Continue' the control
Dipanjan> doesn't come to applications main (or any breakpoint set at
Dipanjan> the applications code).It simply shows continuing. However,
Dipanjan> any image in which the OS code is not included works fine
Dipanjan> and the contol comes to any breakpoint set before typing
Dipanjan> 'continue' what could be the possible problem?

The problem is probably (as suggested by your previous mail) that you
have not programmed the board with the eCos stubs.

When you download an image without the OS, it's a simple application
which depends on the environment set up by Angel.

When you do include the OS it will take control of the exception
vectors, and thus Angel will not be able to handle breakpoints.

There are two solutions:
 1) Include GDB stubs in the OS configuration
 2) Program eCos GDB stubs on the board (described in Getting Started
    Guide)

Jesper