Re: Version 1.3.1?

Bart Veer wrote:

>     Jurica> Since I have noticed that preliminary 1.3.1 version will
>     Jurica> be very soon on CVS, I am wondering when official eCos
>     Jurica> 1.3.1 release could be available? Will the new eCos
>     Jurica> release have support for NEC Vr4300?
>
> I can confirm that we are working on a 1.3.x sourceware release.

As part of the work towards this, we are making considerable changes that
are no longer backward-compatible with the existing tools. And as you can
see from the recent PowerPC problems in the anonymouns CVS repository this
can lead to instability that we can't find as we are focussed on development
and testing of the new work, and not using the old tools any more
internally.

As a result, I think that it's best for me to hold off doing any more
updates of the anonymous CVS repository, and instead people can wait for the
public release for everything to be consolidated and new tools distributed.
I know people could check out older versions from the repository, but it's
more hassle for them with very little functionality benefit.

Anyone any objections?