Re: eCos on Vr4300

Jurica Baricevic wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Two questions:
>
> [1] Has anyone port eCos to VR4300 architecture?

Red Hat has ported eCos to the VR4300 architecture (specifically the VRC4373
eval board), and is available now under the early access program.

Note that Red Hat will shortly be releasing a new public version of eCos.
While we cannot release specific details at this time, it would be good for
you to look at this when it is released.

> [2] I have problems with GDB from ecosSWtools (mips-any-elf target) on NT.
> Namely, I can not establish remote connection with the target. Maybe I need
> to set up something specific for NT, but I do not see what. Nevertheless, I
> have no problems with the same tools compiled for Linux.
>
> Here is '.gdbinit' for Linux:
>
> set remotebaud 38400
> set remotebinarydownload off
> file xxx
> target remote /dev/ttyS1
>
> and here for NT:
>
> set remotebaud 38400
> set remotebinarydownload off
> file xxx
> target remote com2

Try using "set remotedebug 1" to check what traffic is actually going in and
out. Also be sure that no other programs are using the com port.

You could also try setting the endianness of the file by hand (eg. "set
endian little") in case that's the problem.