Re: PC target -- How to build the GDB stub Floppy ?

>From: "Boris V. Guzhov" <borg@int.spb.ru>
>To: <ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] PC target -- How to build the GDB stub Floppy ?
>Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:38:53 +0400
>
>Hi all!
>
>I want to make simple project with usage eCos.
>My target is PC i486 (usual computer).
>
> >>OK, you need to build a version of eCos that creates the stubs.
> >>Do this in a new build directory:
> >>
> >>ecosconfig new pc stubs
> >>ecosconfig tree
> >>make
> >>
> >>Ignore the confict messages. This should create the gdb_module.bin file.
> >
> >Super !!!.
> >
> >I've got the GDB stub built. Loaded it in an old pentium machine
> >and it seems to boot.
>
>How to load the binary files gdb_module.*  in my target PC?

I have copied the gdb_module.bin to a floppy. I used
fdwrite.exe as mentioned before, in another post.

I was not able to connect to the stubs using GDB.
It gives me one error: putpkt() permission denied ???
I did not have time check this out, yet.

I still not undertand how to load my "application"
on the target PC. Do we have to copy to a floppy and
use it to boot everytime ?.

Rosimildo.