Unexplained solution Re: Problem building binutils ...

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, John M. Mills wrote:

> I can build 2.9.1 under Cygwin, but am not successful with
> more recent snapshots nor releases.

Flailed with this all day without success. 'One last try' and now I can't
make it fail. #$%!!

1) I built a native (cygwin) set from 'binutils-000404' to see if the
problem recurred. It did not, and I got a full build (which I did not
install).

2) I removed all build-directories and retried for 'sh-elf' and again got
a full build without a hitch. (This one I installed!)

Perhaps the best way to make a phantom problem vanish is to ask for help.

Sorry for the wasted electrons; as my father says:
 "A fool is someone who is wrong in a loud voice."

 - Mills

   John Mills
   Sr. Software Engineer
   TGA Technologies, Inc.