Re: SH Tool Building Problem (egcs-20000403 snapshot)

Jonathan -

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> I've seen this class of error before and it is "simply" a compiler error in
> the snapshot. You should probably do what it says and report it as a bug,
> or go to http://gcc.gnu.org/ and join the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list and
> ask there, but you'd probably be told to report it as a bug in the proper
> way :-).

Clearly the Right_Answer[TM], but I will need to spend a few minutes
reconfiguring in order to build as they request.

Meanwhile ...

> Alternatively, try a slightly older snapshot. I know that the egcs-20000313
> snapshot worked for me for sh-elf.

This went through without any hitches beyond the usual cockpit errors,
reinforcing the inference this is a genuine compiler bug and worth
reporting.

Thanks -

   John Mills
   Sr. Software Engineer