Re: Why tests in CDL are 'calculated'.

Jesper,

Thanks for hint. I've made an attempt to pass CFLAGS=-O2 to the make one time
(to get rid of -g option) but immediately figured out that it doesn't work
because  it is CFLAGS that holds all the relevant compiler options. After that
I decided to don't play with make command line.

To solve the problem I've changed all the definitions of tests to have
'default_value' instead of 'calculated', and now I just change the strings in
the 'ecos.ecc'. This works perfectly for me, but apparently there is some
reason behind the current status of these options that I don't see. So I've
decided to ask.

BTW, the fact that setting CFLAGS to something simple as -O2 doesn't work is a
little bit confusing for those who worked a lot with sources being configured
by automake/autoconf. Wasn't it considered to put most of the required
compiler flags to another make variables to leave CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and LDFLAGS
available for simple modification in the command line?

Not that I believe it's very important, - Just Yet Another Suggestion.

Sergei.