Re: cannot find config.sub

    Norbert> The other question is if the input file is in unix format
    Norbert> and the patch file is in unix format and the mount mode
    Norbert> is binary why is the output file from patch.exe in DOS
    Norbert> format?

A good question. Looking at some source code for patch does not seem
to help much either. There are various "#if HAVE_SETMODE" lying around
which control whether or not patch needs to worry about supporting
binary and text files separately. Looking at the output of "patch
--help", especially the text for --binary, it appears that
HAVE_SETMODE was false at build-time, and I do not see where it gets
set. Independently from that, I would have hoped that the cygwin
libraries would have done the right thing anyway for files accessed on
a binmode drive.

I suspect the best way to make progress here is to report it to the
cygwin maintainers at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer