stub-building

I'm attempting to build the gdb stub for the edb7xxx configuration.
However, when I follow the tutorial instructions to do:
	ecosconfig new edb7xxx stubs
I get a bunch of constraint failures:
CYG_HAL_STARTUP== "ROM"
CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
!CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
!CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM

Is there someplace where I'm supposed to define/undefine these
settings? I could hack them in, but I figured you had a preferred/magic
place for them.

I'm interested in putting something else on top of the stub (which
is why I'm trying to build it), any other pointers you could provide
me would be greatly appreciated!
-PaulK