Re: Re: Installing cygwin1.1

Pragya Gupta wrote:

> Hi !
>  Is it necessary to use Cygwin1.1 tools for installation of eCos 1.3.1 ?
> Or  "  Shall I continue using cygwinB20 tools?  "
> As far as FTP proxy is concerned we are not using it.
> And there was no problem in downloading and installation of cygwin1.1
> ONLY THING IS THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

The installation should not take 14 seconds. That means the install didn't
complete successfully - the diagnostics are rather poor.

Something else to try: there should have been a load of files with names
like s39 and so on in your root directory. Delete them all, and then try
the setup again. Assuming the install exits in the same way (installation
completes quickly without reporting downloaded files), can you mail me the
new s* files that appear?

Failing that, perhaps you can report this to the cygwin mailing list? This
is a cygwin installation problem, and nothing to do with eCos I'm afraid.
The cygwin experience on that list is better than on this list.