about GDB remote debug

Hi,while use remote debugging with GDB(our target is pc),we want to know the output of variable and environment ,but we do not know how to realize it ? is it as easily as local debugging?
would anyone please tell me ?

And will somebody hint me how to get the documents of GDB remote debugging ?

The last question,while debugging,there are lots of odd characters on the target screen ,and I can not recognize it ,does it have some meaning?how to get it ?

thanks .

please mail back to lczhang@csrd.org