Re: how to congigure the floppy startup

> zhang wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot for your help ,however I do not know how to congihure it .My
> remote target is PC,and host is redhat6.1 Linux ,and I want to know how
> to reconfigure ecos for floppy step by step ,could you please help me ?

It should just be a case of editting the ecos.ecc file, and changing the
configuration option CYG_HAL_STARTUP to floppy, i.e. to:

  cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
user_value FLOPPY
    # value_source default
    # Default value: RAM
    # Legal values: "RAM" "FLOPPY"

Now do an "ecosconfig check" to verify your configuration is valid. If it
isn't, either use "ecosconfig resolve" to resolve the conflicts, or fix
them by hand. There's a lot more about this in the documentation if you
have difficulties.

Then do an "ecosconfig tree" to regenerate the build tree information from
ecos.ecc, and then do a "make" to rebuild the eCos library (or "make tests"
to include rebuilding the tests). Relink with your application, write it to
a floppy, and that should be it. Theoretically :-).