Re: cannot find config.sub

Norbert Schulze wrote:

> Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > the web page, but still got the error. It was my impression from
> > used with a binary mount, not in the patch file. I still had to use
> > dos2unix after patching to fix the files.
>
> The problem is indeed that patch.exe generates DOS line endings with
> binary mount. There is an patch for patch in the cygwin mailing list.
>
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-05/msg00004.html

Curious. While things definitely don't work if you use patch directly, I
_explicitly_ tried using the "tr -d '\r'" trick on the patch file with the
source tree on a binary mounted drive, and it worked. And the resulting
patched files (correctly) had Unix line endings.

I don't know what could be different that still caused it to fail for
Kenneth.