Support for applications that can boot is possible?

We find a document in the ecos-1.3.1.tar,in the subtree of \ecos-1.3.1\packages\hal\i386\pc\v1_3_1\doc\RELEASENOTES.txt,as follow:

This release of eCos for the PC target is based on the code
contributed by Patrick O'Grady (patrick@softprocess.com). With the
exception of some minor reorganization it is essentially the same as
Patrick's release.

There are a number of things that are currently incomplete and are
listed here to indicate where this code is expected to change in the
future. These include:- At present the stub monitor can only boot from floppy disk. It should be possible to make this code more generic so that it can boot from hard disk and CD too. Support for applications that can boot in this way should also be possible, as is booting via BOOTP/TFTP from a network interface.

so we want to know that whether the Support for applications that can boot is  possible? if it do not ,how can we realize it by ourself ? several day ago a reply letter tell us how to realize it ,but after we try ,it could not work .

thanks a lot .