Re: Installing 3 0S

royston.choo@delphiauto.com wrote:

> I am trying to install Win NT 4.0 on to a machine with existing Win 95 and Linux
> 6.1.
> I had created a primary partition for Win NT in FAT format using Partition
> Magic.
> Installation of the first part of Win NT setup was successful, and then system
> requires to reboot to continue with the second part of Win NT setup.
> Problem: After rebooting the system, LILO didn't display the boot option of
> "nt". I suppose LILO should display three options, "linux", "dos" and "nt" so
> that I can choose "nt" and continue with the Win NT setup.

I definitely doubt think ecos-discuss is the forum you are looking for to
solve problems of this type. But FWIW, to solve this you will need to go
into linux and edit /etc/lilo.conf and perhaps simply just need to add
something like:

other=/dev/hda2
	label=nt

Replace /dev/hda2 with the primary partition ID that has NT installed.
Obviously rerun lilo as root to install this in the MBR.

If you have any problems, you should look in /usr/doc/HOWTO and
particularly /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini which has numerous documents on how to
boot multiple OS's with lilo. Failing that, there are a number of relevant
newsgroups under the comp.os.linux hierarchy, particularly
comp.os.linux.setup.