Re: Help setting up Ecos/Cygwin

--- Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk> wrote:
> Jerry Beckmann wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have just downloaded all the files for ecos and
> > cygwin, and am going through the winnt install
> > instructions. I am having a problem when it comes
> > configuring the GNU binary utilities. While I am
> in
> > the cygwin bash shell, I type in the line
> > /src/binutils/binutils-000509/configure --whole
> mess
> > of options. And I keep getting the same error of
> > "bash: /src/binutils/binutils-000509/configure: No
> > such file or directory". I have mounted /tmp to
> > e:/cygwin/tmp in text mode and left the other
> mounted
> > points as they were. I have gone through numerous
> help
> > files and can only find that I need to make sure
> that
> > I have mounted my /tmp directory, which I have.
>
> It sounds like /bin is not mounted. Are you using
> cygwin 1.1? Did you have
> an old cygwin installation before that?
>
> For now, the easiest workaround is something of the
> form:
>
> mount 'c:\cygwin\bin' /bin
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS
> Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
> "Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow."  ||  These
> opinions are all my own fault

This is a first time installation, and I am using
cygwin 1.1.0. When I type mount I get the following
e:\cygwin\src    /src   user binmode
e:\cygwin\tmp    /tmp   user textmode
e:\cygwin\bin    /bin   user binmode
e:\cygwin\lib    /lib   user binmode
e:\cygwin        /      user binmode

When I try umount /bin and then remount using mount
e:/cygwin/bin /bin, I am unable to use any commands at
all.

Jerry