eCos on NEC MIPSVR4373 Evaluation Board

Hi, Dear All,

I spent $2,400 to buy a NEC MIPSVR4373 Evaluation board, thanks God, it
comes with a CDROM name GNUPro Toolkit. Unfortunately, when I browser the
CD, I found only a Cygwinxxx.zip file and a src.zip. I am trying to build
the src in cygwin since I am considering move to Linux if the build process
is successful. However, I failed. I do not know why? Has anyone has the same
board who playing with eCos and GNUpro toolkit? Could you please drop me
some suggestion and advises on if it is possible to rebuild the GNUpro
toolkit in Linux?

The reason I am thinking of move to Linux is that it is quite unstable to
use the eCos configuration toolkit in WinNT, it dies several times when I
tried it. :( Anyone has the same experiences?

I am really glad to see that the GNUPro toolkit open sources comes together
with the NEC product, I hope the quality will be as good as what I imaged.
:)

Best Regards,
-Ling