Re: eCos on NEC MIPSVR4373 Evaluation Board

Ling Su wrote:
> I remeber in the eCos1.2 version website, there are a
> lot of instructions on how to build a cross-compiler, or something like
> that. Now I simply can not find that kind of information, like where to
> download what files, how to configure the options and how to build it for
> one specific platform. Could anyone point me that since I believe it exists
> somewhere? :)

Yes, this one:

> > That's what I get for writing stuff off the top of my head. It should be
> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/getstart.html

This leads you to pages telling you how to download eCos 1.3 *and* how to
build and install the development tools for the various targets.

Note that the toolchain building instructions have changed since 1.2 - we
used to provide a big single tarball of sources that was beginning to show
its age close to 1.3. Now we give you the means to get the latest released
versions direct from the net.