Re: help i386-elf-gdb

     >  Hi,all,
     >  when we debug our remote target(PC),we use the given
     >  example:hello.c,but after we execute ,a error come out:
     >      our commands list as follow:
     >
     >      make hello
     >      i386-elf-gdb -b 38400
     >      target remote /dev/ttyS0
     >      load hello
     >
     >      Then error occur and the "loading section .text size
     > 0x4001 lma = 0x1000" message display on the screen,and at the
     > same time,our target pc = display "#9a$OK" forever,even after
     > we kill i386-elf-gdb,it still display the = same message on and
     > on .what is wrong here? How can I do now?

I have not used the PC target myself yet so I cannot help much. A
quick glance at the sources suggests that one approach might be to add
some debugging to the stubs, by enabling the configuration option
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN and then using the diagnostics routines
in the PC HAL's hal_diag.c file.

     >  And when we check the size of hello,and gdb_module.bin,find
     > that the = size of file hello about 167K,and file
     > gdb_module.bin for startup = floppy is only 37k,is that
     > alright?

The file `hello' probably contains large amounts of debugging
information for use by gdb. This is not needed on the target hardware
so it gets stripped off during the download or when producing a pure
binary executable such as gdb_module.bin. The `size' command can be
used to get a much better idea of how much memory an application will
actually use up.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer