Re: How to test the serial connection with HyperTerminal in NECVRC4373

Ling Su wrote:
> I will trying to build eCos for this target, one thing I met is the NEC
> board comes together with the GNUPro toolchain for VR4373 board, the version
> is NEC-990510, and all the command has a prefix like mips64vr4xxxel-elf, so
> if I start to build, it will complain that it can not find
> mips64vr4300-elf...., then I go to the Tools->Platforms and change the
> prefix for vrc4373 platform. Then the eCos configure tool will crashed
> during build. I do not understand why? I have report the bug in eCos bug
> list, is there any fix?

The GNUPro toolchain that comes with the board is not capable of supporting
eCos I'm afraid. A number of modifications and fixes were made to the tools
since the tools given to NEC were developed. Sorry if that isn't what you
wanted to hear :-/. In particular, the port of eCos to the vrc4373 uses
32-bit integer registers, not the full 64-bit.

You can still build your own tools as described on the eCos web site; or
something can be arranged if you wished to purchase the eCos Developer's
Kit - although I think you investigated that option already?