Re: Cygwin Setup

Anthony Massa wrote:

> Can I delete the /src directory where I unzipped all of the downloaded files
> or are those sometimes used in the future for upgrading, etc.  I would
> rather sacrifice the disk space in order to make things easier for me in the
> future.

Even once you've built working binaries, keeping the sources is useful,
since although you could download them again, subsequent versions may have
bugs and you may prefer to have kept the old ones. But still, there is no
need to around the uncompressed versions in /src if you still have the
original compressed archives (e.g. .tar.gz files) that you originally
downloaded.

But you could delete those as well if you want to - there's nothing that
_relies_ on them.