RE: MIPS R3000 patch for MIPS arch

> Tim Ouyang wrote:
>
> The attach is the patch file for MIPS architecture to
> make the source codes in hal/mips/arch/ directory comply
> with MIPS I ISA.
>
> There are mainly two kinds of modification:
> 1. Add a delay slot after lw insn.
> 2. Change non-MIPS I insn. to equiv. MIPS I insn.
>
> I hope you in Cygnus could accept this patch.
> And, any further modification to the hal/mips/arch/
> will not use instructions other than MIPS I.

Thank you. A few days ago I tested eCos 1.3.1 with modifications very
similar to yours on an R3041 board and I can say that everything worked
well. Since 'load delay slot' seemed as the main problem in porting to
R3000, I really hope that Cygnus could accept your patch. Also, I believe
that distinguishing between MIPS processors in the mips/arch directory
should be oriented to MIPS ISA levels (hopefully in next eCos
version/revision :-) ). Namely, '#ifdef CYG_HAL_MIPS_R3900' and similar
statements should be avoided if possible; and something like '#ifdef
CYG_HAL_MIPS_ISA1' should be put on right places instead.

I have a question with regard to the patch:
Patch in 'packages/hal/mips/arch/current/include/hal_intr.h' (macro
HAL_RESTORE_INTERRUPTS) looks as a bug fix for all MIPS ISA levels. Am I
right?

Best regards,
Jura.