Re: ecos/20864: Bug report form

> [deleted]
> > I tried to follow the eCos website instruction to build a development
> > environment for Vr4373 board, unfortunately I failed for lots of times.
> > (Jifl knew this:). I have some simple quesiton on which version
> > environment
> > (Cygwin) that I should use, and which snapshot I should apply to make a
> > cross compiler. I hope anyone did use vr4373 board can help me
> > out of this.
>
> If nobody from the net does come forward to help you sort out your
toolchain
> problems, feel free to contact us for the commercially supported version
of
> eCos for the vr4373.  While the revision of eCos on the net does support
the
> vr4373, this commercial release includes a precompiled GnuPro toolchain
for
> eCos on the vr4373 (in 32 bit mode) and of course will give you access to
> commercial support from the eCos developers.

Hi, Alex,

Since I am personally playing with a NECVR4373 board, I wonder if I could
afford the commercially support. Could you please let me know the quote for
purchasing eCos for vr4373? If it is affordable for me, sure I will turn to
the commerical product. Please drop me this information.

One more thing, according to my understand, that you are saying that the net
version ecos doesn't support vr4373, is that correct? But what the webpage
told me is eCos1.3.1 support vr4373, this is also the reason why I choose
the vr4373 board. I just choose a MIPS support by eCos, vr4373 is the only
choice. Is those information wrong? I don't like to feel that the website
just delivery some untrustable information. For the toolchain problem, I
think even I turn to commecial precompiled version, I still want to know how
to make a version from source. This is Linux people's habit. :)

Before I turn my head to commerical product, I am still looking for help
from the net.

Best Regards,
-Ling