RE: Problems making gcc

> ISTR talking to our man Al, whom I have copied this msg, about a similar
> thing yesterday.  Al, can you shed any light on this?

Yes.  Switch to the latest cygwin1.dll (1.1.2) released on Wednesday.  See
  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2000/msg00023.html
for details on the fixes and
  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/mirrors.html
on where to download.

I managed to get around the problem initially by having the build directory
mounted in text mode.

These are cygwin issues BTW (my problem was with a totally different set of
sources), not eCos, and have already been addressed on
cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com (archives available at
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/).

HTH
-- Alex