RE: Threading on EDB7211

Did anybody solve this?
I didn't notice this before, but in trying to get the networking code to
run I noticed it.

isr is  called sometimes. I tried to time it and got an interrupt about one
and a half minute apart. (weird eh)
I never had a problem with eos 1.2.9 (am currently using cvs version of  2.
may 2000 or couple of days before)
I have the old source tree still lying around so I'll do a diff and look
for changes in relevant code.
But it will have to wait till monday I guess

Rene

                    Alfredo Knecht
                    <aknecht@cimsi.cim.ch>                To:     ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
                    Sent by:                              cc:
                    ecos-discuss-owner@sourceware.        Subject:     RE: [ECOS] Threading on EDB7211
                    cygnus.com

                    06/12/00 09:54 PM

Hello Gary,
thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately the patch confirms that there
are only 2 clock interrupts happening before "single task mode" (see
below). Funny, the timer2 bit is on. Note, I can provoke a BATLOW interrupt
with the switch.
I have tried countless config variants starting from the most standard
ones, to no avail. I have used both the gdb_module and the cyg_mon for
7211. BTW the EVB is just out of the box... 8)
I am now too tired to continue the chase; perhaps somebody on this list
could send me a working target.ld for the EP7211 eval board silkscreened
EDB7111-2 REV B, with the corresponding .ecc file?

Thank you,
Alfredo

P.S.
>Caution: if things are really broken, this may generate
>a number of outputs - you might have to reset the board manually to stop
them.

Ah, just call me "the resetter" :-)

(gdb) target remote com1
Remote debugging using com1
0xe0006880 in ?? ()

(gdb) load // the lcd_test.exe, that is
Start address 0x8060 , load size 37361
Transfer rate: 27171 bits/sec, 306 bytes/write.

(gdb) cont
Continuing.
Init device '/dev/ttydiag'
Init tty channel: 1119C
Init device '/dev/haldiag'
HAL/diag SERIAL init
Depth: 4, ctl: C014F2BF
IRQ - stat: C000200
LCD test 2 here!
IRQ - stat: A12E0200
firstX=2 firstY=2 lastX=35 lastY=8
lines: X0=16 Y0=16 x1=287 y1=71
firstX=2 firstY=2 lastX=35 lastY=8
firstX=2 firstY=2 lastX=35 lastY=8
(no more IRQs after this)

At 07:10 12.6.00 -0600, you wrote:
>It looks to me like interrupts are not working properly for you.
>
>Are you using the provided GDB stubs?
>How did you configure your eCos kernel?

>// Add the following line
>        diag_printf("IRQ - stat: %x\n", stat);
>// Added line

Alfredo Knecht       Fax  ++41 91 610 8970          Tel ++41 91 610 8960
SUPSI-ICIMSI         aknecht@cimsi.cim.ch        http://www.cimsi.cim.ch

Istituto CIM della Svizzera italiana              CH-6928 Manno (Lugano)