Re: For Embedded systems developers

     > Hello, I have a question about how to develop a complete
     > embedded board ( to be put in a small device like a microwave
     > ). this board has to meet the following requirements:

     > 1) Cost is the essence
     > 2) Can run code written in {{C++}}
     > 3) RAM= 1MByte and code memory= 0.5 MByte
     > 4) Can interface with Ethernet

     > so what type of microcontroller should be used? , how to make
     > the processor understand C++ (i don't know where to put the
     > compiler and any other stuff required for C++)

Selecting the right microcontroller for a particular project can be
difficult, and ecos-discuss is probably not the best forum for this.
You might have more luck on the comp.arch.embedded newsgroup. In
addition I would suggest doing some background reading, for example
the comp.arch.embedded microcontroller FAQ/primer at
http://www.landfield.com/faqs/by-newsgroup/comp/comp.arch.embedded.html
or a book such as "Programming Embedded Systems in C and C++" by
Michael Barr, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/embsys/index.html

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer